Hewlett Packard fix printer offline for windows. Hewlett packard printer is offline (windows), document is for all hp printers and computers with Windows. Status message offline displays on the computer, and the printer does not print.
Fix offline status indicates that the computer is not able to communicate with the printer, in some network conditions the printer might go offline unexpectedly.
Check the printer status in Devices and Printers
The default print driver might have changed from the driver you installed to another driver, such as a Web Services for Devices (WSD) driver with a very similar name. Change the default print driver to your originally installed driver and confirm the printer is not set for offline use.
1.Turn the printer off and on, and then make sure it is in a ready state.
2. Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.
3. Find the icon for the printer you originally installed.
- If a color or grey icon displays with a green checkmark, continue to the next step.
- If a color or a grey icon displays without a green checkmark, right-click the icon, select Set as Default Printer, and then continue to the next step.
- If one color and one grey icon displays for your printer, right-click the color icon, select Set as Default Printer, and then continue to the next step.
4. Right-click the icon for the default printer, and then select See what’s printing. The print queue window opens.
5. Click Printer. If a checkmark displays next to Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline, click each item to remove the checkmark.
6. Try to print.
- If you can print, the printer is online again. Continue to the next step if the printer goes offline again when printing later.
- If the printer cannot print and remains offline or goes offline intermittently, continue to the next step.